It is mandatory for all tourists (other than Indian, Bangladeshi & Maldivian Nationalities) to obtain a Bhutan visa clearance prior to travel to Bhutan. The Bhutan visa has to be processed by a Government approved travel agency such as Little Bhutan.
Here is the list of requirements for a Bhutan visa:
- A confirmed tour package to Bhutan.
- Full Payment of the tour package.
- Passport Copy.
Upon the fulfillment of the above requirements, the Bhutan visa is then processed through an online system. The application is first checked and verified by the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB), and then forwarded to the Department of Immigration (DOI). The Department of Immigration then endorses and approves the Bhutan visa.
The copy of the visa approval then gets sent to you directly by us, or through your intermediary agency. You will need to carry a printed copy of the Bhutan visa with you as you will be required to show your visa approval at the check-in counter (for passengers flying into Paro) at the airport/Immigration check points (for passengers traveling overland).
Your actual Bhutan visa will be stamped on your passport, upon arrival at the Immigration checkpoint in Paro (for passengers flying into Paro)/Immigration check points (for passengers traveling overland).
Visa/Permits for Indian, Bangladeshi & Maldivian nationalities can be obtained at the Immigration Check Points, at the port of entry, upon production of a valid Passport (Indian Nationals can also use their Voter Identity Card).
Select an itinerary from our lists of tour packages.
If you want a custom itinerary, you can click on our Customize your trip button and send us the following details:
- The number of days you plan to spend in Bhutan.
- Tentative date of arrival.
- Group Size.
- Personal interests and things you want to do while in Bhutan.
- Indicate clearly where you are Arriving From.
The Royal Government of Bhutan sets the minimum tariff for packages to Bhutan and this must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan. The minimum tariff for tourist visiting in groups of 3 persons or more are as follows:
Tariff: US$ 250 per person per night halt.
Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than 3 persons shall be subject to surcharge with the minimum daily tariff.
- Single individual: US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons: US$ 30 per person per night
In addition to the above, travelers are also reuired to pay the following:
- Bhutan Visa fee: US$ 40 per person
- Tourism Fee: US$ 10 per person
- All internal taxes and charges (including the royalty)
- Accommodation (Excluding 5 star hotels)
- All Meals
- Licensed Bhutanese tour guide
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- All entrance fees as per itinerary
- Camping Equipment for Trekking Tours
The rates given above are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan. The rates shall apply uniformly irrespective of locations and the type of accommodation provided for.
Payments for your tour to Bhutan and your Druk Air ticket must be made in advance through wire transfer.
- Email a copy of the Bank Transfer to Little Bhutan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- On receiving full payment, your Druk Air Ticket and the approved visa a copy will be e-mailed to you.
- Your actual Visa will be stamped on your passport upon arrival at Paro Airport.
- For those entering Bhutan by road through India, your visa will be stamped at the immigration check point in Phuentsholing or Samdrup Jongkhar.
After you are satisfied with the choice of itinerary, you are then required to send us a scanned copy of your passport (the page with the picture & details). Passports should have a minimum validity of 6 months or more. Travelers are requested to travel using the same passport on which the Bhutan visa is issued.
- Information for Americans Traveling to Bhutan – travel.state.gov
- Information for British Nationals Traveling to Bhutan - fco.gov.uk
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bhutan – MoFA
- Indian Embassy in Bhutan – www.indianembassythimphu.bt
- There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years. However, those between the ages of 6-12 years accompanied by elders or guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates.
- Full time STUDENTS below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall also be given a 25% discount on daily rates.
- A discount of 50% on daily rates shall be given to one person in a group of 11 to 15 people.
- 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
Tour Programs booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to charges as follows:
- before 30 days or more of start of program~ no charges.
- 50% cancellation charges will be applicable if a tour gets cancelled between 30 – 10 days of start of tour program.
- 100% cancellation charges will applicable if a tour gets cancelled within 10 days or less of start of tour program.